Work Permit Service
Worker's residence permit Finland

Worker's residence permit, also called work permit or working visa

Advice for Employers

Work permit cases will be investigated expertly and customer focused


Advice for applicants legally residing in Finland and applying for a residence permit on the basis of employment.

Extended service

I can assist the part or whole of the process from start to finish, for example, the application documents, the authorities, etc.

Appeal procedure

Assistance with complaint against an eventual negative work permit decision to the Administrative Court

The requirements and arrangements for residence permits are confusing and often perceived as difficult.

I can help you make sure that you have the right documents and that the application is properly completed. I also can deal with the authorities on your behalf after the application has been submittes and keep you updated of the progress.

With my assistance all of your bureaucratic affairs will be solved as easily as possible.

The service is tailor-made to suit the needs and budgets of companies of all sizes, household employers and individual work permit applicants.

No one can predict the decisions of the permit authorities, but on the basis of the existing regulations and practices, we can jointly find out where you stand.

The first counselling (by phone / email) is free of charge.

You must have confirmed employment before you may apply for a worker's residence permit for Finland. If you have been offered work by an employer, the employer needs to confirm that you will really be hired. This is usually done in the form of an employment contract. Your employer must confirm this information by necessary documents for the immigration authorities.

EU registration (free movement)

If you are a citizen of an EU Member State, a Nordic country, Liechtenstein or Switzerland, you do not need a residence permit to stay in Finland. You can stay and work freely in Finland for up to three months. You need to have a valid identity card or passport.

However, you need to register your right of residence at the Finnish Immigration Service if you stay in Finland for longer than three months. If you are a citizen of a Nordic country (Denmark, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), you need to register your right of residence at a Local Register Office.

When you have submitted your registration, you will receive a personal identity code and your stay in Finland will be legal. Even if you have registered your information in the Population Information System at a Local Register Office, you also need to apply for registration of your right of residence at the Finnish Immigration Service.

You do not have to register your residence if you are staying in Finland for an uninterrupted period of less than three months. The calculation of the three-month residence always restarts from the moment when you return to Finland after travelling outside its borders.

Read more:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn more at the Finnish Communications Regularity Authority